19.7.18

SIMPLE THINGS IN MOTHERHOOD

Stack of Love Wooden Blocks


I heard it. It sounded like it's coming from somewhere far, somewhere unreachable. My alarm. I opened my eyes slowly letting the sharpness of light cut my vision. It is another day. In my head, I could almost hear the gears starting to turn and move like they're used to.

All the reminders and information I stored in a folder inside my head started to spill out. It's Thursday and Adam was supposed to bring kiwis for a fruit salad activity in school.

I felt a dull ache on my lower back as I tried to twist my body to the right instinctively. Unknowingly, a slight smile formed on my lips as I felt a surge of warm energy traveling through my body. Adam was sleeping so soundly with his legs on the pillow where his head should have been.

In that precious moment, I said a little prayer and thank Allah for letting me be right there at that moment. Sure, tomorrow will come but where will I be mentally, physically and spiritually?

I shimmied over with whatever leftover energy stored in my body and scooped him up onto my chest.

I live for moments like this.
I guess motherhood can be challenging but at times, it is the best thing you can ever get out of life.

Love,
Ja

No comments:

Post a Comment