28.6.18

RAMADHAN 2018 | DAY 28, 29 : GOODBYE RAMADHAN, TILL WE MEET AGAIN

DAY 28

Mama is on leave today and they wanted to find some stuff at Geylang. Throughout the whole of Ramadhan, I have not step foot in the bazaar. There's too many hipster food and nothing that attracts me. Thus, rotting at home.


So we went to Geylang after Zohor. We grabbed what we wanted and my tummy suddenly got a little crampy. Then again, I wasn't fully recovered. Told my parents I wanted to wait in the car while they get food for iftar.

Guess what!! They got all kinds of dishes from Hajjah Maimunah, yum! Most importantly, sotong hitam. Of course I packed some home for the next day as well.

 I stayed at my parents's place for iftar as Wan was working late. It was fulfilling Alhamdulillah.


DAY 29

The last day of Ramadhan. It feels so surreal that a month passed just like that. I feel so distant this Ramadhan. First two weeks was spend rubbing hot oil and just slacking on the bed and sofa because of my morning sickness. The last two weeks was spent in the hospital and recovering from the operation.

Today, I made it a point that my little family will be together as we listen to the takbir. I love listening to the takbir. It's very heartwarming and sad at the same time. It makes us reflect the past year and the people that we have lost. The thought of Khayr not being with us anymore tears my heart to bit but I told myself that he is happy where he is and he is meant to be there.

I know Wan is very affected about Khayr too. He told me that I'm depressed due to the fact that I carried him and felt the pain of letting him out but Wan was the one who buried Khayr in his resting place. He was the one who assisted the Ustaz to clean Khayr and wrap him up. I could only imagine the sadness he felt looking and remembering all that. Please give me a moment while my heart breaks. I miss Khayr.

By the way, have any of you guys watched the animated movie; Coco? Omg I recently watched it and it was so so good. It's based in Mexico but it's somewhat similar to our Muslim world. Every Ramadhan, good souls and souls that have people praying for them, gets to visit the living, their families. Coco also depicts that kind of belief and culture and it was really interesting. You should go watch it!

Anyway, we had sotong hitam for iftar again. Sorry no sorry. I'm so pumped and excited to eat my mum's lontong tomorrow! Wan loves it too!


We packed money into green packets and cleared our laundry. Adam is such a sweetie. He helps out everytime I fold the clothes. 



We went to bed well after 12am and looked forward to all the awesome food coming our way.

Till the next Ramadhan,
Ja

No comments:

Post a Comment