5.5.16

KSL HOTEL AND RESORT REVIEWS

Asslamu'alaikum.

Just in case you missed the Agoda link, here it is;  STAYCAY!!

Anyhoos, Saturday came and we made our way from The Grand Jade Hotel to KSL Resort by taxi. We reached there about 10.45am and we checked into one of the rooms first as the other room was not ready. I asked for connecting rooms but they said they don't have any because they were fully booked those few days. 


Ok, the thing is that, I booked 2 triple deluxe rooms but before I did that, I emailed them asking which rooms have connecting doors. They took about 6 hours to reply so I went ahead with the booking as it was a long weekend and all the other hotels were fully booked. We wanted DoubleTree By Hilton but they were full. After booking was confirmed, the person replied, said that connecting rooms were king deluxe and triple deluxe. So I said I wanted to change one of my rooms from Triple to King as my priority is to have connecting rooms. She said that she can change for me if I want to. However, there was a difference and excess of $40 if I were to switch rooms meaning the Triple room cost more naturally. She said and I quote; for last minute changes we are unable to make refund. Bear in mind, I first emailed her on 28th March and my booking day was 29th April. One month in advance is last minute? Ok, that aside, I asked her if we can use that $40 for rental of extra mattress since they don't do refunds. She said they don't have such services. Ok fine, so I asked if we can use that $40 to offset breakfast for another person since she mentioned that breakfast was 60RM per pax. So according to the exchange rates, $40 means another extra person can enjoy breakfast for 2 days plus minus a few dollars(which I don't mind topping up). 

She then told me that I cannot do that because I booked under Agoda and I had to follow their regulations. I cannot change my bookings because I booked under Agoda and any other room requests are subjected to availability on actual day. What?! I exchanged quite a number of emails with her and she could have told me this in the first few mails. Phew, well at least her replies were prompt and she remained professional throughout the whole exchange.

So on the actual day, I just asked for adjacent rooms or rooms across each other so its easy for us to share food and interact. They didn't have them as well. We checked into one room first and got the other room in the evening as they had to wait for people to check out. Our rooms were about 7 doors apart and I had to walk past the lift lobby and seating area before reaching their room. At about 8pm, the people across my room checked in. At 8pm!! We came at 10ish in the morning and requested for rooms across from each other or adjacent and they said that there were none. Now at night, people just entered the empty room across mine. I thought it was subjected to availability and it was available when we asked for it but we were told no? Argh.

One more con about the hotel was that we got a high floor, 23rd. So we had to wait for the lift. The lift was very sloooow. They had four lifts but for some reason only three were working. To get to the carpark at level 6, guests have to go to the lobby and take another lift which was across the lobby. The lifts at the carpark do not require any card to access any floors whereas the lifts in the lobby do. So, one of the nights, after the boys made a quick drive to a minimart, they decided to try taking the lift at the carpark all the way to level 23 to see if they could find a faster route to our rooms. Much to their surprise, they could. Which means, it's not very safe. Anyone can access our rooms from the carpark. I wonder how many guests knew about this.



Ok, pros of the place? The swimming pools. They looked awesome. We didn't swim because the weather was just too hot and we wanted to enjoy the AC in our rooms. Another pro would be the staffs in the lobby. They were polite and attended to guests immediately when they walked into the lobby. The rooms were clean and the bathroom was quite spacious. The breakfast spread was quite impressive too. To be honest, I didn't expect too much but it was quite delightful. Only that, the place was like a hawker centre with all the noise and children running around due to the fact that it was a holiday weekend. And of course the hotel is at a good location where everything is just nearby. Lastly, the view from our rooms were breathtaking! Especially during sunrise!! Loved it!



Based on the fact that I rambled too much in this post, I'm going to separate the post into a few parts.


See you in the next one!
Ja


No comments:

Post a Comment