15.9.15

Forgotten.

Assalamua'laikum.

Ok what now? I forgot about my blog. Or rather, I did not have time for my blog. I was too busy sleeping during my free time. Taking care of a baby is hard work guys. I was so blessed. I had a place to call my own, a baby to call my own and a job. I had to juggle all that. I'm very sure working mums in SG have the same struggles. Finding time for ourselves. Don't get me wrong. Wan is such a dearie; helping out as and when but seriously, we need our off days too.

When I returned to work after my maternity, it wasn't easy. Working around my shift and Wan's shift. On some days, Wan would take care of baby. On other days, my mum would come over. On remaining days, we sent baby over to my MIL's. It was all over. On top of that, we had no time for ourselves.

So when Wan's department had a reshuffling period, I resigned. Yup. It wasn't easy but I resigned. We sat down and calculated our finances. We decided to live off our savings for the months to come before I return back to work. I felt that it was the right thing to do. I didn't want to burden my mum and my MIL by sending baby over everyday. The cost of transport and baby's necessities are also factors which we had to look into.

Now,  I have all the time in the world to watch baby grow. I can cook, clean, read, blog and do other things. The only downside is that we have to be extra thrifty. Living off your savings can be really scary. Paying for the house, bills, utilities, groceries, baby's necessities; damn scary.

So, for these few months that I'm off work, I'm so gonna make the best of it. I'm going blog, make vids for memories sake, brush up my non existent cooking skills and most importantly, spend time with my loved ones.

May Allah protect us in our journey. Amin.

No comments:

Post a Comment