17.9.18

29 WEEKS PREGNANCY UPDATE



I'm now in my third and last trimester of pregnancy. Third trimester always consists of sleepless nights, trips to the toilet at ungodly hours, your back threatening to fail you anytime, leg spasms and cramps in the middle of the night, nesting while driving your hubby crazy(actually everything in pregnancy drives Wan crazy), graduate as a non-stop complain master and many many more!


My previous most recent visit to the gynae was a glucose test visit. So as usual I had to drink(and keep it down) the glucose water. I'm not a fan of thick isotonic drinks and the glucose tasted worse than that(plus it's not chilled). I managed to finish it in 15 minutes( supposedly 5minutes and of course the uncle taking my blood test had to make noise LOL, sorry!) which was a big improvement from Adam's time when I took half an hour to finish.


Baby was doing fine, looking at us during the scan. The verdict was out. I had to go through cesarean section again this time round. Having gone through both before, I would want to go for normal delivery this time. The labor pain was crazy but it was nothing compared to aftermath of a Cesarean. The first time you have to walk after delivery, the care of the wound, weeks of no coughing, no sneezing, no laughing, no walking, no carrying of anything including baby and many many more.

Then again, whatever is safe and for baby and myself is always the best choice. And in this case, Cesarean section as my placenta is already covering my cervix.

Gynae told us to head straight to the hospital if there is any bleeding. Till then, I need to be careful and live like a queen. Kidding. No but really, I need to be really careful.

Adam has been so awesome. He talks to the baby, sings and helps out a lot. I'm blessed to have him and may he be the best that he can be.

Love,
Ja

No comments:

Post a Comment