6.6.14

Korea; Day 8, 9, 10 and 11. Seoul, Bukchon Hanok Village, Han River, Nightlife in Hongdae, Namsan Tower, Seoul Mospque and B.A.P!

Assalamua'laikum.

I'm here typing because suddenly, for the past hour, I haven't had any heartburn, refluxes or nausea. It's a miracle. So I'm going to type as fast as I can before the attack-her-insides-till-she's-sick gang comes barging back.

And oh! I just realised I missed out something in my Day 7 post. So on Day 7, we went to Myeongdong but not before going to Bukchon Hanok Village. Its a village near the Namsan Tower. Initially the plan was to explore Hanok Village and head to Namsan but I guess the shopaholics in us cound not wait to roll around Myeongdong. So that was exactly what we did, we went around Bukchon Hanok Village which was beautiful and then we went on to shop at Myeongdong.

Day 7; Bukchon Hanok Village and Myeongdong





The streets were beautiful and the doors were majestic. We took soooo many photos in hopes of capturing the rustic beauty of the place. So ya, there are more shots where these came from. hee.


 This girl trying to get the right angle to capture the awesome backdrop. LOL.



This girl feeling feeling emotional infront of a lovely coloured door. 


And lastly, thank you guides for showing us the right way. Oh, my coat is matching matching please.


Alright, so that was what I accidently left out for my Day 7 post. Right after this picture was taken, we rushed to the subway and headed straight to Myeongdong. (Previous post)


Day 8; Han River and Hongdae!

So as usual, we started out with breakfast. Brought some tuna sandwiches in our bags for survival. First, we went out to Han river. 



And of course, I had to ladeedum while waiting for the girls.  =)


 When we arrived at Han River, OH MY GOODNESS, it is safe to say that it was the coldest I've ever felt in my life. Of course, given my lack of travelling and being a wimp in an aircon room, the wind at Han River was no joke. Even hubby could not take it. Mind you, hubby is the kind that wears a t-shirt during winter when everyone else is wrapped up like burritos.




The temperature that day was -9 degrees. But after being in Korea for eight days, we knew that -9degrees was bearable. But on that day, the wind was crazy strong. The wind was frigging unbearable. The fact that Han River is a wide and open area, the wind was crazier. Ok, you get the picture.

I wish I wish, with all my heart...

Ok, at this point, we could not feel our face. After this picture, we ran to the subway station area and shivered for a good 15 minutes.





Moving on, after Han River, we went to Hongdae!! Woot woot! I love Hongdae!!!! The streets were jam packed with students and the clothes are cheap! Before we started shopping, we found a turkish kebab store that sells delicious kebab.



After lunch, we went to cat cafe. There were countless of cat cafes around Korea but the one we went to was Tom's cafe. The cats in the cafe were mostly exotic cats. Every cell of my body wanted to enter the cafe but the ailurophibia in me stopped me from doing so. Hubby, Farah and Tiara went in while the ailurophobic team (me and Sya) sat on the staircase outside. I saw the cats from outside and they were damn adorable!!!! I missed Olly. Boo!








The cat whisperer at work. =)









Directly below the cat cafe was a bakery. The place was delicate. Sya and me looked around in awe and we bought some munchmunch.


Look at all the pretty cakes and cookies. I felt like smashing my face on each and every plate.



I tried this and it was awesome!!! (Look at my wrinkled skin. The weather was seriously rough on me.)



Time to shop!! I LOVE Hongdae!!



As the sky got darker, the wind got wilder than before. I was already shivering along the streets of Hongdae during the day but the wind at night was WTH. We tried entering every few shops just cause we wanted to shelter ourselves from the wind.



After shopping and braving the wind, we went back to our apartments. As usual, checked our stock and dumped them in the pan. Yum!



Day 9; Itaewon, B.A.P and Ewha University.

So, on day 9, we did not have any breakfast so we went to a turkish restaurant for brunch. At first we saw their poster outside, we checked out the price and decided it was within our budget. However, as we entered, the place was super fancy. Anyhoos, the food was awesome. It's either that or we were fungry.









Some sugar with your tea, my lady? So posh please.



After our tummies were filled, we went to  Seoul Mosque. We had to walk up a slope and it was beautiful up there.


This was the view from the mosque.





After Itaewon, we headed out to see the place where B.A.P practices. Ok, I'm not a big fan so I donn't really know. hee. Farah and Tiara went crazy at every single person that went in or out of the building. Anyways, hubby, Sya and me saw Zelo while Tiara and Farah didn't. Oh the irony. But I guess it was worth it for them. Haaaa....Being 17 and fangirl mode on....

But hey, the older ones got tired so we wondered around and even went to a nearby cafe because it was freezing.




The surroundings were beautiful.







After the girls decided to give up waiting for B.A.P, we went to Ewha University to shop! The bags were super cheap. The bags that we see online selling for $25++ were sold at only $12!! So ok, we went crazy. Shop now, regret later. (The regret part came when we tried to stuff all the things in our luggage.)



After a tiring day, we made two containers of noodles and slurped our way to sleep.



Day 10; Namsan Tower and Myeongdong

So on the last day, we went out later than usual so that we can sleep in and rest. Our first stop for the day, or rather evening was Myeongdong. Yes, we decided that we are still unsatisfied with Myeongdong.  Look at the crowd at night.



This place is an evil place. I spent alot, and I mean alot in Nature Republic. Well, no regrets. I still think I should have bought more! The same stuff we saw in Nature Republic in KL cost three times more than what we saw in Seoul!! Damn, should have bought more stuff.



And as usual, crowds and moving vehicles makes me sick. So I had to sit and oouuummmmmm.



At last, we got to Namsan Tower! We boarded a bus opposite Myeongdong shopping area and it took us straight to Namsan Tower. The view from up there was nothing less than breathtaking.



 We had to walk up a long slope that led us to the tower. The walk up was exhausting given the weather and our fitness level.







It was seriously freezing cold.







Oh ya, the girls found a guy. Debut ehk? It took them a loooong time to muster the courage to take a picture with him. At last, hubby had to do it. LOL.



Err... then his girlfriend came out of the toilet. Awkward.




The thousands of love locks!!




"Quick! I'm effing cold!"



On our way down, we saw this on one of the pillars. Ok wait, what?!



 When we reached our apartments, it was almost midnight. I made myself porridge and watched Frozen while hubby watched soccer.




Day 11; Home sweet home.

So, the day we all dreaded, came. It was time to go home. We ate breakfast together and then packed our luggage. We stepped and sat on our luggage; trying to fit everything in. We then made our way to the airport. I have no idea why I don't have any pictures of us for Day 11. But our flight was in the evening and we reached SG a little after midnight.

The sunrise view from our room on the last day.


I loved Korea soooo much!!! The weather was great and most of the people were great too! Especially in Jeju. Im so going back. InsyaAllah. Ok, that marks the end of my Korea posts. At last. Phew.

No comments:

Post a Comment